As the mobile communication solutions provider for many of the nation’s largest health plans and healthcare providers, mPulse Mobile is one of the foremost authorities on the topic of connected health. Recently, mPulse CEO Chris Nicholson served as an interviewee for the eMarketer report, Connected Health: More Than Just Wearables, What Marketers Need to Know About Digitally Enabled Care.
Published in January 2015, the report includes in-depth interviews and industry statistics to answer:
- What is connected health, and what is driving it?
- What are the major components of connected health, and how are they changing the dynamics of US healthcare?
- What are the implications for marketing as the industry moves toward a more connected model of care delivery?
Some of the high-level findings from this report include:
- One-third of US healthcare practitioners currently provide or plan to provide telemedicine services. Another 29% plan to in the next few years.
- Consulting firm Deloitte estimated that there would be 100 million “eVisits” (seeing a doctor via phone, video or text-based interactions) in 2014, resulting in $5 billion in savings over the cost of in-person visits.
- Privacy and security is a major consideration in the healthcare sector, and it is crucial for marketers to understand HIPAA-compliance. mPulse Mobile’s proprietary secure mail solution, AppMail, is mentioned in the report as a HIPAA-compliant option.