Company Mission and Highlights:
mPulse Mobile, the leader in mobile health engagement, drives improved health outcomes and business efficiencies by engaging individuals with tailored and meaningful dialogue. mPulse Mobile combines technology, analytics and industry expertise that helps healthcare organizations activate their consumers to adopt healthy behaviors. With 9 years, 60+ healthcare customers, and more than a hundred million messages sent annually, mPulse Mobile has the data, the experience and the technology to drive healthy behavior change.
Our Core Values:
- Model Integrity and Collaboration
- Drive Innovation and Thought Leadership
- Support Decision Making at All Levels
- Create Value for Clients by Empowering Consumers
- Improve Customer Experience Through Simple Design
- Celebrate Success… Often
Purpose of the Role:
mPulse Mobile seeks a development manager who will manage our product development process for a variety of projects. The daily duties involve documenting all project functionality requirements for each project, coordinate with development staff to accomplish project requirements in the most efficient and expeditious manner, create and execute QA revision on projects, manage development projects pre-launch and serve as client point of contact for existing support contracts.
The critical success factors for this role are:
- Manage the execution of product launches from product development and support development team
- Must be technically credible to lead teams of engineers. Must be able to make the right design decisions related to product features and technology choices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, architect and maintaining software applications for mPulse Mobile platform and client facing solutions
- Unit test applications to ensure 100% code coverage
- Work with product managers to ensure application requirements are satisfied and delivered on time
- Code Reviews and maintain software development lifecycle
- Remediate software vulnerabilities via repository scanning tools
- Ensure a HIPAA compliant deployment and security of mPulse Mobile systems on AWS.
- Mentor, coach, development of team members
- Monitor environment and handle disaster recoveries, system failures, and outages, ensuring client SLAs are met.
- Create scripts to backup, restore, validate Database & log data.
- Identify, select and implement HIPAA technical controls and common set of security tools to monitor compliance with implemented controls.
- Assist with incident responses investigation mPulse systems as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Proficient in Python 2.7 or 3
- Proficient in Django
- Proficient in Relational DB Postgres or any other
- Worked with task management tools – celery
- Knowledgeable in AWS
- Knowledgeable in Elastic search
- General awareness and up to speed on latest technologies
Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Strong ideation and conceptual skills
- Must be detail oriented, organized and able to relay concise feedback within organization
- Must be a strategic thinker, flexible, self-starter, and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player, reliable partner, and collaborative thinker is a must
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- 7+ years’ experience in product development
- 2 years of team management experience
- Customer Focused
- Attention to Detail
- Independent Self-Starter
- Highly Organized
- Critical Thinker
- Problem Solver
- Excellent Communicator
- Ability to Prioritize
- Team Work & Collaboration
- Multi-Tasker with Strong Sense of Urgency
- Enjoy Flexible PTO and flexible work hours
- Full Vision, Dental and Healthcare – all individual premiums paid by mPulse!
- 401K Program with a 4% match
- 3 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Weekly team lunches to celebrate victories
- Paid Parking as well as Car Pooling incentives
- Laptop fitness stations
- Ping pong conference table and Foosball
- Free snacks and drinks